Tuesday 3 August 2010

recording

the last days we've been deep in the process of demoing. it's great to have our own little studio downstairs and be able to record any idea as soon as it pops into our minds. that's a totally different approach to creating a piece of music than we had while writing popularity. we have a lot of great music fragments waiting to become complete songs. as for me i find that the most difficult part in song-writing. when i hear a melody snippet, most of the time it immediately reminds me on something. the problem is i can't name it. it's more of an idea and it sometimes takes me weeks if not months to catch it and see it clearly. and while i'm trying to find out what that idea is i often slip on the wrong path and lose my way. so having the opportunity to record everything as fresh from my mind as possible helps keeping track of where i wanted to go originally. hope that made sense... it's not easy to describe a process that's in my point view to at least 50% directed from my subconsciousness. anyways i think we have some really amazing new songs in the pipeline and i hope to get some demos done that capture our idea of how they're supposed to be when they grow up (=when they're recorded properly later on).
x nick

No comments:

Post a Comment